Hanna Instruments Marine Salinity Tester
The Marine Salinity Tester from Hanna Instruments comes with everything you need to successfully run salinity tests right out the box and includes a protective carrying case for when it is not in use. This tester features graphite sensors that reduce polarization effects and do not oxidize. The LCD screen can display your crystal clear readings in parts per thousand (ppt), Practical Salinity Units (PSU), or specific gravity (S.G.). Since salinty measurements can be affected by fluctuations in temperature, this meter incorporates a temperature probe for accurate readings. Upgrade your testing regimen with this piece of advanced instrumentation!
- General term that describes the concentration of salt in water
- Solutions of different types of salts have different refractive indexes
- Brine - Solution of sodium chloride (NaCl; table salt) that contains 2 chemical elements
- Seawater - Solution of approximately 70 chemical elements including calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium chloride, etc.
- Seawater and Brine with the same salinity (i.e. same weight of salt/liter) have different refractive indexes and will give different salinity readings when measured with the same refractometer
- Onscreen stability indicator
- Pocket sized
- Long battery life
- Graphite sensors
- Durable casing
- Integrated temperature probe
- Everything you need for successful testing out of the box
- Calibration solution included and sold separately
- Protective Case
- Displays results in parts per thousand (ppt), Practical Salinity Units (PSU), or specific gravity (S.G.)
- Comes with all the necessary solutions and batteries
- Ideal for testing salinity in aquariums
- Onscreen stability indicator ensures highest level of confidence in your results
- Selectable auto-off feature prolongs battery life
- Compact size makes it ideal for on-the-go testing
- Multi-level LCD display provides at-a-glance salinity and temperature readings from any angle
- Dual button operation streamlines the testing process
- Included CR2032 Lithium Ion battery provides up to 100 hours of continuous use
- Battery icon will blink to let you know its time to change the battery
- Graphite sensors reduce polarization effects and will not oxidize
- Designed to withstand knocks, drops, and spills of real life
- Waterproof body ensure top performance in any environment
- Totally protected against dust and water intrusion from any direction
- Has an exposed temperature sensor to ensure fast, accurately compensated readings
- Comes in a carrying case to keep the tester safe from potential drops or bumps when not in use
0.0 to 70.0 ppt (g/L)
0.0 to 70.0 PSU
1.000 to 1.041 S.G.
0.1 ppt (g/L)
|Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F|
±1 ppt for 0.0 to 40.0 ppt; ±2 ppt for readings over 40.0 ppt
±1 PSU for 0.0 to 40.0 PSU ; ±2 PSU for readings over 40.0 PSU
|Temperature Accuracy (@ 25°C/77°F)||±0.5°C/1°F|
|Calibration||Automatic, single point 35.00 ppt|
ppt - International Oceanographic Tables
PSU - Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 2510 B, Electrical Conductivity Method
S.G. - Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 2510 C, Density Method
|Weight||2.4 oz (68 g) without battery|
|Temperature Compensation||Automatic from 5-50.0°C|
|Battery Type||1 - CR2032 3V Li-Ion|
|Battery Life||Approximately 100 hours of continuous use|
|Environment||0-50°C (32-122°F); RH max 100%|
What's in the Box:
- 1 - Marine Salinity Tester
- 1 - CR2032 3V Lithium Ion Battery (inside the meter)
- 1 - Storage/Protection Sleeve
- 1 - Quality Certificate
- 4 - 35.00 ppt Calibration Solution Sachets
|Meters & Controllers - Parameter||Salinity|
|Meters & Controllers - Analog/Digital||Digital|
|Water Tests & Treatment -0 Parameter||Salt|
FREE GROUND SHIPPING OVER 29.99*
Take advantage of our Free Shipping program on all orders over $29.99 shipping standard ground to the Continental United States.
Some restrictions apply, see details.
NO RESTOCK FEES..EVER!
Change your mind? Not What You Thought?
Return any unused item within 30 days for a full refund.
- No-Hassle Returns
- Obtain an RA number
- Package your product
- Send it back to us!
PRICE MATCH GUARANTEE
Have you ever seen something advertised for a lower price than ours? Our price match guarantee is for that exact situation! We stand behind our great prices and are confident that we have the lowest prices around. If you find a lower price, WE WILL MATCH IT!
Give us a call and direct us to the lower price. We will adjust the price on your order while we are working with you on the phone. All we will need is a link to the advertised price or a photo of the print ad where you found the lower price.
UNMATCHED CUSTOMER SERVICE
You are our business and if your not getting the best possible service, we wouldn't be around!
At Triquatics, you will always receive unmatched customer service and that is a promise from our family to yours!